Friday, March 27, 2009

http://newark.osu.edu/jtebben/TebbenPDFs/15021199.pdf
This is a review on a software I found for teaching English to high school students. The software is called Bride Media International and it revolves around Shakespeare and theater based pieces of literature, i.e. the classics and mythology. When I first checked out the software website I thought it looked pretty informational and worth buying, but after reading the review, I began to think otherwise. According to the review the software may benefit students in some areas, but fails to create a true multi-media experience for learners. The review suggests that teachers look for an alternative software to help teach this particular topic. The review also discusses the fact that the software is slow at loading and does not contain enough information on each topic. It seems to me like this software is kind of "half-ass" for lack of a better term. If it doesn't go in depth into each piece of literature then I don't want it in my classroom. Of course I can't just base my whole belief on particular review, but the review seems to be very informational. I guess I would want to know more about if students that have used this software have actually benefited from it and if teachers that have used it have found any good in the product. Other than that I'm pretty convinced that I would avoid this product and try and find an alternative, even though the website for the software looked as professional as it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment